Fundamental techniques and novel approaches for traumatic head injuries
Surgical Nuances of Head Injury is the first of its kind, entirely dedicated to the technical aspect of head injury–related surgeries. This book uniquely compiles all the basic neurosurgical steps for management of head injuries, and includes exemplary case studies of both common as well as uncommon scenarios of a variety of head injuries.
This book is an innovative concept between a text and an atlas, mentioning all necessary details through stunning surgical photos and detailing the surgeries with a step-by-step approach. With an equal emphasis on the basics and advancements, the authors have tried to correlate the clinical approach and technological help whenever required. All the chapters have clear surgical descriptions of conventional and situational case scenarios, to help neurosurgeons make decisions in complex trauma cases. Through these interwoven concepts, the neurosurgery leaders intend to offer an easy solution to the readers, and help them avoid confusion in tricky situations in an era of high-speed trauma.
“The Principle of Management of the Layers” is the concept behind respecting each layer while approaching from skin to the brain and is the book’s central theme, which may bring the complication rates to the lowest possible extent in trauma and conventional surgeries.
Many new surgical techniques have been described for the first time in this book, such as the fourhand technique, sizeable temporalis–pericranium–loose areolar tissue graft harvesting, among others.
Cranial nerve and vascular injuries—the least discussed domains of neurotrauma—have been purposefully added in this book to increase an awareness among the neurosurgical fraternity. These sections have been authored by world-renowned experts in this field.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
1. Mucormycosis in Pre-COVID-19 Era
2. COVID-19 and Its Aftermath—Mucormycosis
3A. Imaging Spectrum of COVID-19-Associated Rhino-Orbito-Cerebral Mucormycosis
3B. Diagnostic Utility of Multidetector Computed Tomography Scan versus Cone Beam Computed Tomography Scan in Rhino-Orbito-Cerebral Mucormycosis
4. Clinical Symptoms and Signs of Mucormycosis
5. Pathology of Rhino-Orbito-Cerebral Mucormycosis
6. Orbitotomy and Other Orbital Interventions in Rhino-Orbito-Cerebral Mucormycosis
7. Orbital Exenteration in Rhino-Orbito-Cerebral Mucormycosis
8. Dental Perspectives in COVID-19-Associated Mucormycosis
9. Anesthetic Challenges in Post-COVID-19 Mucormycosis
10. Surgical Staging System of Rhino-Orbito-Cerebral Mucormycosis in the Endoscopic Era
11. Surgical Techniques Involved in Stage-Wise Management of Rhino-Orbito-Cerebral Mucormycosis
12. Postoperative Follow-Up and Management of Complications
13. Postoperative Medical Therapy
14. Exploring the Future