Neurosurgery Updates, Vol. 3
Critical Care for Neurosurgeons
6.75 x 9.50 in
- Published: January 2024
Neurosurgery Updates: Critical Care for Neurosurgeons, Volume 3 is a constellation of chapters which gives a basic workflow for neurosurgeons to manage neurosurgery patients in the perioperative period. The book is suitable for practicing neurosurgeons as well as residents who are the backbone of any neurosurgical teaching program. The chapters have been contributed by experienced neuroscientists and critical care experts. Each chapter is based on the critical care aspects of a particular domain like trauma, pediatric neurosurgery, vascular neurosurgery, and the like. The experts have painstakingly curated the chapters and given a working suggestion of dos and don’ts.
1. Should Neurocritical Care be Part of Neurosurgical Training?
2. Mechanical Ventilation and Weaning in the Brain-Injured Patient
3. Tracheostomy Weaning: How to do It
4. Understanding Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Principles of Antibiotics for Treating Sepsis after Neurosurgery
5. Informed Consent and Documentation in a Neurocritical Care Unit
6. Breaking the Bad News in Neurointensive Care Unit
7. Sedation in Neurocritical Care
8. Nutrition in Neurocritical Care
9. Management of Status Epilepticus in the Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit
10. Prevention and Management of Vasospasm
11. The Impact of Intracranial Pressure and Multimodality Monitoring
12. Protocol for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Neurosurgical Intensive Care Units
13. Neurocritical Care in Children: How Is It Different from that in Adults?
14. Recent Advances in Acute Neurorehabilitation in Traumatic Brain Injury