Textbook of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery, Vol 6
848 Pages, 11.00 x 8.50 in
- Published: December 2021
Over 200 Chapters in six volumes cover the whole gamut of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeries. A comprehensive and illustrated work from the land of Sushruta for students, teachers, and practicing surgeons. In this volume, Principles and Advances in Plastic Surgery, a very wide spectrum of topics, right from the history of plastic surgery to current and raging subjects like lasers; composite tissue allotransplantation; simulation; robotics; telemedicine and information technology in plastic surgery; clinical photography; human factors and skills in plastic surgery; doctor-patient relationship; and legal issues have been discussed.
The six volumes seek to incorporate in one work issues relevant to the developing world as well as insights from national and international plastic surgery practices, which highlight newer management techniques along with traditional methods. This makes these volumes a "must have" resource for students and practitioners of plastic surgery across the globe.
- The book is broadly divided into five sections: general, face, hair restoration, body contouring, and breast.
- Explains techniques of "hair restoration surgery". This is a unique topic and is not covered in any of the similar published titles.
- Covers all the aspects of aesthetic plastic surgery including nonsurgical management.
- The chapter on regenerative medicine gives a futuristic literature.
- Section on face covers topics related to ageing, surgical and nonsurgical rejuvenation techniques.
1. Approach to Aesthetic Surgery Patient
2. Establishing an Aesthetic Surgery Practice
3. Unsatisfactory Results in Aesthetic Surgery: Prevention and Management
4. Ethical and Legal Considerations in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
5. Applications of Regenerative Medicine in Aesthetic Surgery
6. Anatomy of Aging Face and Its Assessment
7. Principles and Techniques of Nonsurgical Facial Rejuvenation
8. Nonsurgical Rejuvenation of the Face using Botulinum Toxin and Fillers
9. Threads in Aesthetic Surgery
10. Surgical Rejuvenation of Upper Face
11. Surgical Rejuvenation of Midface and Lower Face including Neck Rejuvenation—Principles and Techniques
12. Aesthetic Skeletal Surgery
13. Structural Considerations in Rhinoplasty
14. Functional Septorhinoplasty
15. Primary Rhinoplasty
16. Secondary Aesthetic Rhinoplasty
18. Role of Fat Grafting in Facial Aesthetics
19. Facial Implants
20. Hair Restoration: Basics and Medical Management
21. Hair Restoration: Planning and Surgical Management—I
22. Hair Restoration: Surgical Management of Alopecia—II
23. Obesity and Its Management
24. Liposuction and Liposculpture
25. Abdominoplasty and Lipoabdominoplasty
26. Upper Body Contouring in Massive Weight-Loss Patients
27. Lower Body Contouring after Massive Weight Loss
28. Buttock and Calf Augmentation
29. Female Genital Cosmetic Surgery: Rejuvenation and Change of External Appearance
30. Aesthetic Surgery of Male Genitalia
31. Aesthetic Assessment of the Breast
32. Augmentation Mammoplasty
33. Role of Fat Grafting in Breast Surgery
34. Breast Reduction and Mastopexy
35. Revisions in Aesthetic Breast Surgery
36. Aesthetic Surgery of Male Breast: Gynecomastia